The Love Story shoot takes approximately 2-hours to film. An hour for the Interview portion and an hour for the “B-Roll”. The Interview portion can take place anywhere that is relatively quiet. (In a home or in a park, etc) There isn’t any preparation needed for this video. I will ask basic questions and you’ll answer the questions on camera. It’s not hard.
The “B-Roll” should be something that you like doing together. This “B-Roll” video footage will be put over the top of the Interview to make it more interesting. Here are some examples of potential B-Roll:
- If you like staying at home hanging out together: We can film you at one of your houses making some snacks and having fun playing games or watching TV.
- If you like playing sports: We can film you getting dressed and ready for biking, jogging or racquetball, etc. Then get footage of you actually doing the sport together.
- We can film each of you doing your own thing at school or at work and then we can show you coming home and getting cleaned up for a date with each other.
- It’s up to you how adventurous your video is. Every video I make ends up unique to the couple. If you are having trouble coming up with an idea of where to shoot your video, let me know your interests and I can help create a plan.
Here’s a couple things to remember for your shoot:
- Dress Nice. You are on video for your future generations to see. Spend a little extra time getting ready to look your best.
- I will ask standard questions about how you met, your first date, your engagement story, etc. If there is a unique story that doesn’t fit into a standard question, let me know. (For instance, if the Bride saved the Groom’s life once back in High School, let me know so I can ask related questions)
- If you have a photo or video from your engagement or another event that you will be talking about, bring it with you or get me a copy so I can include it in your video as you are talking about it.
We will work with you to find a time to film the Love Story that works with your schedule.